Monday, July 2, 2012

Is my report eligible?

It depends on how you define the relevant eligibility of a inspection report.

I have produced over 1000 reports in just 3 years time without any challenge from any banks, solicitors, insurers and of course, my customers.

I did encounter some challenges from a few real estate agents.
Today's challenge from an agent is: I'm not a registered builder as specified in the purchase agreement.

Yes, I'm not a registered "master" builder or "certified" builder, if they are what you mean "registered".
But, I'm registered in the Department of Building & Housing as a Licensed builder.

Before questioning my eligibility, the concept of "registered" is really need to be clarified. Where you think a property inspector is to be registered? Here are some options for you:


  1. Registered Master Builders Federation
  2. Certified Builders Association of New Zealand
  3. New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors
  4. New Zealand Institute of Building Inspectors
  5. Licensed Building Practitioner Board



No comments:

Post a Comment