I have produced over 1000 reports in just 3 years time without any challenge from any banks, solicitors, insurers and of course, my customers.
I did encounter some challenges from a few real estate agents.
Today's challenge from an agent is: I'm not a registered builder as specified in the purchase agreement.
Yes, I'm not a registered "master" builder or "certified" builder, if they are what you mean "registered".
But, I'm registered in the Department of Building & Housing as a Licensed builder.
Before questioning my eligibility, the concept of "registered" is really need to be clarified. Where you think a property inspector is to be registered? Here are some options for you:
- Registered Master Builders Federation
- Certified Builders Association of New Zealand
- New Zealand Institute of Building Surveyors
- New Zealand Institute of Building Inspectors
- Licensed Building Practitioner Board